Tulum is a paradise, just three hours south of Cancun. It’s known for it’s rustic luxury eco- friendly lodges, beachfront ruins, great food, and a European style. Most of the rooms and cabañas are TV and telephone free, and some have restricted electricity – all the more reason to unplug and relax. Once you go, the simplicity and the beauty of Tulum will keep you coming back again and again.
5 Places to Stay:
1) Hotel Mezzanine – located close to the ruins, Mezzanine has a hip bar scene, Thai restaurant, and nine rooms and suites.
2) Amsala – Eco-chic resort and spa
3) Coco Tulum – beachfront boutique hotel with cabañas and rooms in the tower.
4) Ana y José – beachfront, 23 room hotel with a spa
5) Zamas – the cabañas just steps from the ocean are our favorites.
5 Things To Do:
1) Rent bikes and ride to the Tulum Ruins, stopping for margaritas along the way.
2) Stop in for lunch at Posada Margherita (if you can’t get the coveted and difficult to get dinner reservation).
5) Kayak at the CESiaK ecological center.